The Mid Lane Meta can change very quickly! We've seen a bunch of changes to the midlane recently following the preseason changes. If you're trying to find the best mid laners to climb with in LoL Patch 12.01, you'll find it here!
LoL Patch 12.01 is the first patch after several large meta shifts. This means no one is exactly sure of what the best champs are yet. LoL Patch 12.02 is dropping on January 19th so we've got a little bit longer to abuse some known to be strong champions!
Who Are Our S-Tier Mid Laners in LoL Patch 12.01?
As usual, Viktor is still an S-Tier Mid Laner. His kit works extremely well with the new mage mythic item and since he's been such an overlooked champion for a long time a lot of players don't know how to counter him. He's a strong mage that can conquer the mid lane with ease.
- Zed - Win Rate: 50.4%, Pick Rate: 10.4%, Ban Rate: 45.2%
- Viktor- Win Rate: 51.8%, Pick Rate: 11.7%, Ban Rate: 27%
- Kassadin - Win Rate: 52.7%, Pick Rate: 7.7%, Ban Rate: 21.3%
Who Are Our A-Tier Mid Laners in LoL Patch 12.01?
- Lux - Win rate: 50.88%, Pick Rate: 6.4%
- Talon - Win Rate: 50.0%, Pick Rate: 2.9%
- Vladimir - Win Rate: 50.84%, Pick Rate: 5.4%
- Katarina - Win Rate: 51.2%, Pick Rate: 6.8%
- Irelia - Win Rate: 51.3%, Pick Rate: 4.8%
- Yone - Win Rate: 49.6%, Pick Rate: 6.9%
- Qiyana - Win Rate: 51.8%, Pick Rate: 4.1%
Although Yone's win rate isn't quite positive, we still believe he is a strong pick this patch. The reason his win rate is lower is because he's so popular and has a decent skill ceiling, if you take a few games to learn him and are able to lock him in ranked, you won't regret it. Equipped with a strong kit for teamfighting and a nasty late game, Yone is not to be messed around with.
Who Are The F-Tier Mid Laners in LoL Patch 12.01?
These are the champions you should never ever pick unless you're an OTP or just trolling. Please avoid picking these, for your teammates sanity!
- Vel'Koz Win Rate: 49.6%, Pick Rate: 0.7%
- Neeko - Win Rate: 49.6%, Pick Rate: 0.6%
- Azir- Win Rate: 48.0%, Pick Rate: 1.4%
- Ryze - Win Rate: 46.2%, Pick Rate: 3.5%
- Zoe - Win Rate 47.3%, Pick Rate: 1.2%
Neeko is on the verge of being viable in the meta, but she just finds herself out classed by more mobile, longer range champions. If you're really dedicated and learn how to effectively use her clones and passive she is probably viable. We don't recommend it however, as other champions are just better options.