Worlds 2021 Group Stages are underway, Riot have been able to learn from the pros about which champions need changes. Patch 11.21 brings with it a few notable system adjustments that will massively impact the meta. Goredrinker Nerfs, Conqueror Nerfs..wait a sec- they’re buffing Viego?
Yup, you read that correctly. Riot are already starting to think about giving Viego some of his power back. We’re not looking forward to it, but there are a lot of promising changes here in Patch 11.21!
- Missed last patch? Check it out here: LoL 11.20 Patch Highlights
Champion Buffs in LoL Patch 11.21
As of now, Riot have shared a list of the champions that will receive buffs in LoL Patch 11.21. We’re especially curious to see if Xayah can make a return to meta!
- Viego - Q: Total AD Ratio: 60% to 70%, W: Self slow: 15% to 10%, R: Crit Ratio: 75% to 100%
- Teemo - Q: Cooldown: 8 to 7s, Blind Duration: 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5s to 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3s, Missile Speed: 1500 to 2500
- Xayah - Move speed: 325 to 330, Q: Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 to 10/8.5/7/5.5/4
- Lux - Base stats: AS/lvl: 1% to 2%, P Mark duration extends: If a basic attack is in flight or R is being cast, E: Damage: 60/110/160/210/260 (+65%) AP to 70/120/170/220/270 (+70% AP), R: Cooldown: 80/60/40s to 60/50/40s
- Jinx - P: Total AS: 15% to 25%, E: Cast range: 900 to 925, R: Cooldown: 90/75/60s to 75/65/55s
- Sion - W: Shield ratio: 8/9/10/11/12% Max HP to 11/12/13/14/15% Max HP
These changes were far more detailed than we expected. Teemo and Lux got a lot of buffs, so you should expect to play against them a lot in LoL Patch 11.21!
Champion Nerfs in LoL Patch 11.21
Some of these champion choices are slightly surprising. Quinn has been tearing it up in High Elo, so Riot is scaling back her power. Miss Fortune was an obvious one, due to her absurdly high pick/ban rate at Worlds 2021. Do you think Riot missed some broken champs with this list?
- Quinn - W: Bonus AS: 20/35/50/75/80% to 20/30/40/50/60%
- Graves - E: Armor: 6/9/12/15/18 to 4/7/10/13/16
- Akshan - E: Damage per shot: 30/50/70/90/110 to 30/45/60/75/90
- Karthus (Bot) - E: Mana refund: 10/17/34/41/48 20/27/34/41/48 to 15/25/35/45/55
- Miss Fortune - Base Stats: Base Mana: 325.84 to 300, W Mana Cost: 30 to 45
System Changes in LoL Patch 11.21
System Buffs - Ingenious Hunter & Health Rune Stat Shard
- Ingenious Hunter - Base item Haste: 10 to 20, Item Haste per Stack: 5 to 6
- Health Rune Stat Shard - Health: 15-90 to 15-140
Ingenious Hunter has long since been ignored in favor of the other rune choices in the domination tree. Omnivamp is very powerful in LoL at the moment, so Ravenous Hunter is usually favored. If your champ doesn’t want that stat, then Ultimate Hunter is fantastic depending upon champion - and you can’t go wrong with more out of combat move speed, which makes Relentless Hunter a great option too. Truthfully, we can’t see how Riot can make Ingenious Hunter more viable. Only time will tell!
It has been a long time since champions felt good about taking the Health Stat Shard instead of Magic Resistance or Armor. This only really feels like an option in fringe cases on specific champions, MR or Armor are just so valuable! We’re excited to see what Riot will do, but cautiously optimistic about whether they will make Health Runes viable or overpowered.
- Having trouble keeping up with the action at Worlds 2021? We got your back!
System Nerfs - Guardian, Conqueror, Goredrinker, and Ravenous Hunter
- Guardian - Shield: 70-150 to 50-130
- Conqueror - Adaptive per stack: 2-5 to 2-4, Buff duration: 6s to 4s
- Goredrinker - Active damage: 100% Total AD to 175% Base AD, HP/5: 150% to 0, [NEW] 8% Omnivamp, [REMOVED] Spite Passive
- Ravenous Hunter - Omnivamp per stack: 1.5% to 1.2%
Guardian is set to receive a nerf. This rune has gotten a lot of use recently with the rise of champions like Soraka, Sona, and Nami. These champions are being paired with aggressive mobile adcs such as Vayne and Lucian to roll over games.
Conqueror has needed changes for a long time. It is the one rune that you can take on almost every single champion and not feel that bad about it. We’re not sure exactly what Riot plans on doing, but players have complained about the healing it offers for a long time. Perhaps they’ll take the healing away completely? Only time will tell.
Goredrinker: Our prayers have been answered! Riot have finally taken notice of the Goredrinker abuse running rampant in ranked as well as professional play. Here at Riftfeed, we’re hoping this item is nerfed into oblivion. Personally, I never want to see Goredrinker assassins again in my life.
System Adjustments - Stridebreaker
Stridebreaker: Active damage: 100% Total AD to 175% Base AD, AD: 45 to 50
Stridebreaker has been overlooked in favor of Goredrinker in the second half of Season 11. There was a period in which this item was extremely broken, when it gave dashless champions a real mobility tool to get on top of their foes. If that wasn’t bad enough, the stats that this item was offering were problematic.
When Riot later changed the active effect and gave it more stats to offset the nerf, Nocturne began to abuse the insane slow that it offered. All in all, Stridebreaker has been a tricky item to balance. It’s either been completely ignored or completely broken. Can Riot find a middle ground in Patch 11.21?
More League of Legends Content:
- 2021 LoL Dragonmancer Skins: Release Date, Champions & More
- Worlds: Hanwha Life and Cloud9 Reach Main Event with 3-0 Sweeps
That’s it for most of the buffs and nerfs which will hit Summoner’s Rift soon. Check back later this week for more details on the upcoming changes for Patch 11.21
When is LoL Patch 11.21 Going to Release?
LoL Patch 11.21 is going to drop next week on Wednesday, October 20th. It will bring a selection of all new Dragonmancer skins! Did your favorite champion get a new look?
You want more exclusive lol content? Compact, to the point and with the high quality you deserve? Then check us out at RiftFeed!