The 2021 World Championship will be played on LoL Patch 11.19. Riot has already been working on changes for the pro meta in Patch 11.18 and now the final adjustments are coming our way to have a diverse World Championship.
Seriously, we’re excited for these extensive changes. Watching a month-long event with the same 10 champions does get repetitive, so hopefully, the team at Riot was able to get the correct balance for all these champions so we can see multiple interesting play styles clash.
More LoL Esports Content:
11.19 Patch Preview is here!— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) September 13, 2021
This one is focused on follow-up for 11.18, a few more pro-targeted changes, and one solo queue focused nerf (Sona). pic.twitter.com/OpVJvRbKrV
Which Champions are Getting Buffed in LoL Patch 11.19?
Fifteen champions are on the buff list for LoL Patch 11.19. Some champions haven’t seen the light of day in the pro scene in what feels like centuries. Seriously, when was the last time you watched Sejuani or even Cho’Gath be impactful?
Champions like Akali are always difficult to balance since she is either broken beyond repair or useless. Let’s see what Riot has decided for her this time around.
- Is Bjergsen really going to come back in 2022?
Three champions on the buff list are familiar from LoL Patch 11.18. Fizz, Renekton and Qiyana all got adjusted in the last patch, but Riot clearly wasn’t happy with their numbers and have decided to make further changes to help them both in solo queue and in the pro scene.
Here is a full list of Champion Buffs in LoL Patch 11.19:
- Aatrox - W cooldown changed from 26-14 to 20-14
- Akali - Base HP regenerated after 5 seconds (HP5) changed from 8 to 9. HP per level changed from 0.5 to 0.9
- Cho’Gath - Q cooldown changed form 7 seconds to 6
- Fizz - Changes from Patch 11.18 reverted. E cooldown changed from 16-10 to 16-8
- Galio - W cooldown reduced from 18 to 18-16
- Gragas - W AP Ratio changed from 60% to 70%
- Gwen - Base HP5 changed from 7 to 8.5
- Mordekaiser - E cooldown changed from 22-10 to 18-10
- Poppy - Passive cooldown changed form 16/12/8 changed to 13/10/7 (based on level)
- Qiyana - Q monster damage heightened from 125% to 150%. Q+E made slightly more forgiving for short dashes
- Renekton - HP increased from 575 to 590. HP per level increased from 87 to 92 and W animation sped up by 13%. Lockout changed from 0.525 seconds to 0.375 seconds.
- Sejuani - Q cooldown decreased from 20-12 to 18-12 and Damage increased from 80-280 to 90-290
- Seraphine - R cooldown decreased from 180-120 to 160-100
- Sion - W shield increased from 50-150 to 60-160
- Sylas - Base mana increased from 280 to 310 and Base MP5 increased from 7 to 8
Which Champions are Getting Nerfed in LoL Patch 11.19?
Five champions are going to be nerfed in Patch 11.19. Soraka just got a huge buff in Patch 11.18, but it seems she’s healing a little too well, so Riot might do something about her ultimate once more.
- Want to know more about Akshan? Check out his Champion Guide!
According to Jeevun “Jag” Sidhu, Sona is the only nerf which should target solo queue as well. She’s been quite popular since her mini rework a few patches ago. Let’s see what the balance team has in store for her.
Here is a full list of Champion Nerfs in LoL Patch 11.19:
- Kennen - Q Damage 85-265 +80% AP changed to 75-255 +75% AP
- Ryze - Q AP Ratio 45% to 40% and E cooldown changed from 3.25-2.25 to 3.5-2.5
- Sona - Armor 28-26 and Q no longer hits enemies Sona can't see. E power chord does not ignore slow reducing effects
- Soraka - R heal reduced from 150-350 to 130-300
- Varus - Q cooldown changed from 16-10 to 16-12
Vex Champion Release in LoL Patch 11.19
Vex is the newest champion joining League of Legends. We’ve met her before during the Sentinels event as she helped Viego. She is the first female Yordle to release since Lulu in 2012. So it’s about time we get a new female Yordle.
What Abilities will Vex Have?
- Passive - Doom ‘n Gloom: Doom - Periodically, Vex becomes empowered by Doom, causing her next basic ability to interrupt dashes and Fear enemies. / Gloom - Whenever a nearby enemy dashes or blinks, they become marked with Gloom. Vex’s next basic attack against a marked enemy detonates the mark, dealing bonus damage and refunding part of Doom's cooldown!
- Q - Mistral Bolt: Vex launches a wave forward, dealing magic damage to enemies it passes through. After a short delay, the wave accelerates but has reduced width. Mistral Bolt detonates Gloom on any marked enemies it hits.
- W - Personal Space: Vex gains a shield and emits a shockwave, dealing magic damage to enemies around her. Personal Space detonates Gloom on any marked enemies it hits.
- E - Looming Darkness: Shadow flies to a location, increasing in size as it travels. On arriving, Shadow deals magic damage, slows, and marks enemies hit with Gloom.
- R - Shadow Surge: Shadow flies forward, marking and dealing magic damage to the first enemy champion hit. Vex can then recast this ability to have Shadow pull her to the marked target, dealing additional magic damage.
Vex is a mid lane mage. Originally she was planned to be an artillery mage, but during her development that was changed. Her kit is interesting and looks fun. She is an easy champion to understand and many fans already see her countering a lot of newly released champions with her anti-dash mechanic.
When will Patch 11.19 be Released?
The patch will be released next week on Wednesday, 22 September. This gives pro players plenty of time to test out the latest changes before the biggest esports event of the year which is set to take place in Iceland.
For more information on the upcoming buffs and nerfs, make sure to check out Riftfeed tomorrow again when we update this article with all the details pertaining to the Worlds patch!
You want more exclusive lol content? Compact, to the point and with the high quality you deserve? Then check us out at RiftFeed!