Patch 11.19 is going to be the most important patch of the year. Why? Because it’ll be the official 2021 World Championship Patch. So of course, Riot is going to do their best to have as many champions as possible be viable for play.
What do we already know about Patch 11.19 though? Which champions might get nerfs and buffs and what skins will we be getting? And most importantly, how broken will Vex be? That’s what we’re going to take a look at today in our LoL Patch 11.19 preview.
Champion Adjustments in LoL Patch 11.19
Of course, not every single change from Patch 11.18 has gone over well. While Riot did try to make most of the buffs and nerfs impact pro play and challenger elo, some changes have had quite the effect on solo queue, which means Riot will have to make further adjustments to these six champions in LoL Patch 11.19.
- Soraka: Her heal might have to be tuned down, but Riot will not revert the Grievous Wounds removal before casting her ultimate.
- Fizz: His ultimate is weaker than before, which has had an effect on solo queue. So watch out for some Fizz buffs in Patch 11.19.
- Renekton: Renekton will also receive a small buff in LoL Patch 11.19. Riot is apprehensive about changing too much though since he’s been a dominant pick in pro play.
- Qiyana: Her E + Q logic will be improved in the coming patch. So let’s see how she plays then!
- Singed: He got quite a buff in LoL Patch 11.18 so Riot is still evaluating him and waiting on more data to see if he needs some changes before Patch 11.19.
- Varus: Another champion that Riot is looking into. The nerf he received hasn’t impacted him so he might be hit a second time in Patch 11.19.
Most of the other changes from Patch 11.18 should stay the same for Patch 11.19. This might mean we get to see some epic Draven plays on the Worlds 2021 stage.
Hi all, 11.19 is out and we have some early data already. Out of the 33 champions we changed, 27 hit their targets pretty cleanly. I'm here to talk about the other 6.— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) September 10, 2021
Ryze Nerf & More in LoL Patch 11.19
Ryze will be getting nerfed. This mage has been a staple of League of Legends for a long time and even though he isn’t the most popular champion in the world, he is one of the most recognizable ones. Currently, on the PBE server, he has been hit with a nerf though.
- Check out the lore behind Ekko, the Boy who Shattered Time.
Both his Q and E have been nerfed on PBE, his Q AP lowered from 45% to 40% while the E got a cooldown increase. So if you’re a Ryze main, don’t be alarmed when your power is reduced in Patch 11.19.
Multiple other champions are also having their buffs and nerfs tested on the PBE server currently.
- Aatrox: Passive Damage increased.
- Akali: HP regen increased.
- Cho’Gath: Q cooldown lowered.
- Galio: W cooldown lowered.
- Gwen: Health regeneration increased.
- Kennen: Q damage decreased.
- Mordekaiser: E cooldown decreased.
- Sylas: Base mana increased and mana regen as well.
- Poppy: Passive cooldown lowered.
- Seraphine: Ultimate cooldown decreased.
- Sion: W shield increased.
Vex Release and Abilities in LoL Patch 11.19
Vex is the newest League of Legends Champion. She is a mid lane mage who looks extremely fun to play with an easy kit. We’re excited to try her out and make every Fizz and LeBlanc main cry once she goes live in LoL Patch 11.19.
These are her abilities:
- Passive - Doom ‘n Gloom: Doom - Periodically, Vex becomes empowered by Doom, causing her next basic ability to interrupt dashes and Fear enemies. / Gloom - Whenever a nearby enemy dashes or blinks, they become marked with Gloom. Vex’s next basic attack against a marked enemy detonates the mark, dealing bonus damage and refunding part of Doom's cooldown!
- Q - Mistral Bolt: Vex launches a wave forward, dealing magic damage to enemies it passes through. After a short delay, the wave accelerates but has reduced width. Mistral Bolt detonates Gloom on any marked enemies it hits.
- W - Personal Space: Vex gains a shield and emits a shockwave, dealing magic damage to enemies around her. Personal Space detonates Gloom on any marked enemies it hits.
- E - Looming Darkness: Shadow flies to a location, increasing in size as it travels. On arriving, Shadow deals magic damage, slows, and marks enemies hit with Gloom.
- R - Shadow Surge: Shadow flies forward, marking and dealing magic damage to the first enemy champion hit. Vex can then recast this ability to have Shadow pull her to the marked target, dealing additional magic damage.
Skins Released in LoL Patch 11.19
We are going to be getting new Dawnbringer and Nightbringer skins. Six champions in total will receive these skins. Kayn will receive a prestige skin as well. This is the first Kayn skin since 2018 so it’s a much-needed new look for the jungle champion.
Here is a full list of champions receiving Dawnbringer and Nightbringer skins:
Jarvan IV will also be receiving a new skin. He will get the 2021 Worlds Skin.
When will LoL Patch 11.19 be Released?
LoL Patch 11.19 should go live Wednesday, September 22. This gives the pro players almost two weeks to get used to the multitude of changes that have hit the rift over the last month before the 2021 World Championship.
Skins should go live a day later around September 23.
You want more exclusive lol content? Compact, to the point and with the high quality you deserve? Then check us out at RiftFeed!