How many skins were released in 2021? Well over 110 and of course, we decided to rank them. Why? Because ranking stuff is fun and nothing new is happening right now to report on. Of course, these tier lists are just for fun you're welcome to disagree on Facebook!
This year we got multiple brand new skin lines as well as additions to already existing ones. We've taken a look at all the skins released this year and decided to put them into our ranking. So, without further ado here is the Riftfeed skin line rating of 2021:
The S-Tier: RP Already Spent
These are the best skins of the year. The skin lines were unique and had interesting and fun skins in them. These are the skins that we don't even think about twice and get every single one of them. The best skin lines of the year were:
- Space Groove: Lux, Gwen, Blitzcrank, Nasus, Lulu, Nunu & Willump, Samira, Rumble
- Arcana: Tahm Kench, Lucian, Camille, Xerath
- Eclipse/Coven: Ahri, Ashe, Cassiopeia, Warwick, Malphite, Evelynn
The A-Tier: RP Will Be Spent
These are the skin lines that also impressed us in 2021, but they weren't as unique or had a few duds in them. Overall they were well-made skins and ones we would easily pick up most skins from without a second thought and we hope that Riot continues to make skins of such quality.
- Shan Hai Scrolls: Jhin, Neeko, Cho'Gath, Nautilus
- DAMWON Worlds: Kennen, Nidalee, Twisted Fate, Jhin, Leona
- Nightbringer/Dawnbringer: Lillia, Kayn, Yone, Tryndamere, Morgana, Vex
- Dragonmancer: Kai'Sa, Yasuo (x2), Thresh, Volibear, Karma
- Debonair 2.0: Zed, Brand, Draven, Master Yi, Malzahar, Leona, LeBlanc
The B-Tier: RP Might be Spent
These are still very good skins, but they lack some of the unique flavors as the other ones in the previous skin lines in the S and A tier. These are still skins that are fun and are worth the purchase, but they just didn't have as lasting an impression as the other ones.
- Bee Skins: Yuubee, Bee'Maw, Malzahar
- Cafe Cuties: Annie, Vladimir, Bard, Soraka, Sivir, Gwen
- Astronaut: Corki, Maokai, Veigar, Rammus
- Blackfrost: Vel'Koz, Sion
- Bewitching: Poppy, Nami, Fiora, Syndra, Yuumi
- Phoenix: Seraphine, Anivia, Xayah
- Pentakill Lost Chapter: Viego, Karthus, Sona, Mordekaiser, Yorick, Kayle, Olaf
- Pool Party: Sett, Braum
The C-Tier: RP Likely Won't be Spent
These are the skin lines we felt were lacking in some way. There are a few skins that hit the mark, but they weren't that memorable. These are skin lines we forgot existed the following patch of their release. So the least memorable skins are part of this tier.
- Battle Academia: Garen, Wukong, Caitlyn, Leona, Yone
- Dragon Slayer/Dragon Guardian: Kayle, Galio, Twitch
- Crime City Nightmare: Shaco, Twisted Fate, Akali, Darius, Zyra
- Ruined: Miss Fortune, Pantheon, Karma, Draven, Shyvana
- Sentinel: Olaf, Pyke, Graves, Diana, Vayne, Irelia, Riven, Rengar
- Cyberpop: Akshan
- Arcane: Vi, Jinx, Caitlyn, Jayce
- Championship: Jarvan IV
- Hextech: Tristana
The D-Tier: Nah Fam
These are the skins that weren't forgettable, because they just felt odd and a bit weird and didn't seem to really fit. So these are skins we wouldn't spend any RP on. They're just not the type of skins that fit into 2021.
- PROJECT: Mordekaiser, Renekton, Sejuani, Senna, Sylas, Varus
- Unbound: Thresh
- Marauder/Warden: Kalista, Kled, Xin Zhao, Gragas, Quinn
- Withered/Crystal Rose: Swain, Zyra, Syndra, Talon
- Lunar Beast: Fiora, Aphelios, Jarvan IV, Darius, Alistar
These are our ranking for the various skin lines that came out in 2021. This isn't to say that some skin lines were complete trash, there are good skins in each skin line, but some just stood above the rest and while PROJECT: Mordekaiser is a great skin, it wasn't good enough to keep the rest of the PROJECT skins afloat this year.